Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): 1. How long has your company been in business and what is your average group size?
We have been in business since 2004. Our average convention shuttle size ranges from 5,000 to 30,000 attendees, and our average major events range between 20,000 to 150,000 attendees . Callaway Transportation is very successful in both the citywide shuttle market and the high end VIP client market. We have managed some of the largest trade shows and Special Events in the country and provided exceptional high end service for VIP initiatives such as the Board or Director meetings for Coca-Cola and CitiGroup.
2. What is the company's safety rating?
The Department of Transportation, Office of Motor Carrier Federal Highway Administration (www.safersys.org) issues a safety rating on every licensed carrier. As a management company, we only use companies which have a satisfactory safety rating. We do utilize the FMCSA database ourselves on a regular basis.
3. What is the company's specialty (convention services, local charters, out of state charters)?
Our company specializes in great service. No matter how small or how large your event you will receive the same exceptional attention to detail and customer service. As a major player in the nationwide transportation market, Callaway Transportation has great buying power which enables us to provide top end equipment to our clients at a competitive market rate.
4. Are buses owned by operator or leased from another company?
All equipment is contracted out from reputable vendors with whom we have long standing relationships and partnerships with over the years. All contracted bus vendors carry the minimum $5M in insurance.
5. Do vehicle have air-conditioning, seat belts, microphone and public address systems, rest room facilities, reading lamps, tinted windows, beverage galleys, etc?
All coaches are considered "high end" and have amenities such as air conditioning, restrooms, lights, ability to play DVDs, tour guide mic with PA system, reclining seats, etc. Most coaches do not have seat belts due to the limitations of the actual equipment manufacturers.
6. Do vehicles meet ADA regulations? Is advanced notice required for special needs guests?
All of our contracted services meet or exceed the required Federal ADA compliance requirements. We do request advance notice for ADA lift service so as to be able to position equipment in advance to better serve those in need. A toll free 800 number/hot line is available 24/7 for advance booking of lift equipped vehicles.
7. Does your company have 2-way radio communication system? Or do you just use cell phones?
Callaway Transportation utilizes multiple communication devices based on the size and complexity of an event. We have the capability to use cellular phones, radios, Nextel tracking radios, and satellite phones when required. Currently we own 30 Nextel communicators which we use depending upon the market and need.
8. Does Callaway Transportation provide 24 hour on call service?
Yes. We stand behind all of our services and will not leave clients stranded.
9. What are the emergency procedures?
In the event of a breakdown, vehicles are typically replaced within one (1) hour. If a medical emergency occurs, show management is immediately notified and appropriate medical assistance is provided.
10. Company's driver policy? Does the company routinely check driver's motor vehicle record? Do drivers belong to a union?
All motor coach drivers routinely undergo the required DOT requirement for drug testing and a background check. If requested, we can run background checks on scheduled drivers prior to start of services. Most companies we utilize are non-union, but each market is different with different companies being utilized which are both private and union.
11. Does the quoted cost also include fuel, equipment, signage, maintenance, union fees, state and local taxes, surcharges, and tolls?
Site Map Copyright 2015 Callaway Transportation, Inc. All rights reserved.